Thursday, May 19, 2011

The happy home and delicious tinola

What matters most

Yesterday I really had a bad day in the office, which happens only once in a blue moon. As I reached home and it was probably so obvious, even without the tantrums and pouting, little J (my daughter) said, "You feel bad, huh? But that's nothing! What's more important is that you're now home. And this is a happy home! Everyday you come to a happy home." Imagine her almost dancing while saying that.

"And today is your lucky day... because Ate (our kasambahay/helper) found malunggay leaves so we have more delicious tinola (chicken ginger stew with vegetables) for dinner!", she added.

Wow, I really got no reason to feel bad at all. :)

8 comments:

Angeli said...

i love tinola myself. it's such a comfort food. have you tried it with dahon ng sili? yum! :)

witsandnuts said...

Yes! And gusto kong sawsawan is patis with siling labuyo.

kg said...

ang sweet naman ni little j! :)

in fairness, nakakkita si ate ng malunggay at nakapagluto ng tinola dyaan! he he!

Photo Cache said...

I miss having freshly cooked meals. Hay buhay. My hubby and I have a busy schedule just like you and the only way we could get healthy meals is if we cook during the weekend. We just reheat during the workweek. But sometimes sawa na din ako. I really like the bagong luto taste :)

Hay, sana may little J din kami. Praying for one continuously :)

Josiet said...

Ang cute naman ni little J. If you don't mind me asking, how old is she?

I miss having a tinola with malunggay. Kahit anong dahon nalang ginagamit namin dito. Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

it's almost funny that i know two other people who find comfort in tinola! ^_^ ginger in tinola is good. but lemongrass is better, IMHO.

cute and smart little j!

witsandnuts said...

KG, ang hirap nga makakita ng malunggay dito. Natyetyempuhan minsan sa mga supermarkets.

Photo Cache, I'll be praying for your own little J.

Josiet, let's just say that she thinks like someone on her early 20s. I'll send you an email. :)

Bursky, try nga namin ang lemon grass sa tinola. Thanks for the idea.

Kero said...

our first apartment meal was tinola..i wanted something warm and nourishing plus my son loves anything with soup hehe