Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's raining! And it's April!

For the past three days, some areas in the UAE are experiencing rainshowers. And this morning, on my way to the office, I was so lucky to have savored droplets! Not that I drank it. Hahaha. But really, I was ecstatic. You can of course tell how much I miss the rain especially that I was raised in the Philippines. At work, a colleague who is a UAE national even took photos of the thunderstorm and lightning. It really IS a big news. I advised her to visit the Philippines during stormy season for her to experience the "total package". Then she recalled my Ondoy experience and other accounts of my explanation on how a normal rain happens in the Philippines. "Noooo, I'll go crazy. I can't bear that!", she exclaimed.

Anyway, it's odd that it's raining this time of the year. We're supposed to be welcoming the summer heat anytime soon. In my over 3 years stay here, this was the first time it rained in April. Talk about global warming.

I hope I can hold the rain as much as I want. I wish it were a weekend, so that I can be out of the house the whole time and walk-jog or go to the park to fully taste the raindrops.

9 comments:

kg said...

dito din wits, parang hindi summer. makulimlim pa minsan.

well, i'd take this over the scorching summer we had last year!

Angeli said...

pati dito naguuulan din.

Kate said...

I miss taking a bath in the rain! I wish I can still do that now, but it might be indecent. Hahaha! :)

Kiko said...

Make sure do not drink the droplets, may halong sand kase yan : )

kassidy's notes said...

same here, we've been getting lots of rain too - two days straight.

Photo Cache said...

whatever happened to your wits and nuts?

witsandnuts said...

KG and Angeli, I've heard nga. Tapos badang June and July baka saka naman mainit dyan.

Kiko, no, I won't lalo na toxic ang ulan dito. Nung first time ko magpaulan dito, malala ang naging lagnat ako.

Kayni, the rain + cherry blossoms is a good combination!

Photo, it was hacked. :( Sent you an email (and those who also asked) about that. I'm happy it's fixed now.

Kero said...

i know this is soo late but until today i am thankful we had April rain.... ang linis-linis ng mga bintana namin. makikintab ang grill hahahah

I am your newest GFC follower =)

witsandnuts said...

Thanks, Kero!