I initially thought of Pandesal at Choc Nut as a blog title. These two munchies never fail to bridge the distance between home (Philippines) and where I am (UAE). But in general, it's more appetizing to recall our sources of cheer as we nibble comfort food, eh? I decided to finally trim it to Pandesal Ni Jo because my other blog, Witsandnuts already has the blog description: an inventory of a Choc Nut islander's interest.
There’s something about doing random inventory of things, people, situation that makes me happy. I’d always believe that things just get better, in different ways though. Just like in taking photos, there’s really no ugly subject and/or angle. It depends on how we compose our shot and how we look at things.
And so, this sort of gratitude blog was born yesterday. And here are my rules cum expectations:
- I wish to chronicle the stuff that made my day. Aside from fresh air, nature, genuine care, laughter, things that can’t be bought, what else is there? I'm sure there's a LOT.
- No pressure. I don’t need to write everyday, only when I feel like jotting things or when I have the means. Or even if I don’t have the luxury of time to write, but the inspiration do strike!
- I don’t need to force myself to think of things that made me happy. If it’s indeed a 100% sad day, so be it. (Although that’s far from happening. I know myself, I’ve been to a phase when it felt like I was being cut into pieces and still I managed to smile.)
- Zero percent negativity on my posts. Pessimist are also welcome to read my blog. Believe me, happiness is contagious!
- It will be an enjoyable search of new reasons for cheer, the smaller, the better.
- I must refer to this blog, among the other things, shall my lowest low will come (knock on wood!), hoping that certain chapter of musings will re-amuse me.
- That I'll be able to keep myself grounded. That's hoping to get startled by exclaiming to myself someday, “Really? Something that shallow made my day?!”
- Look back at my random musings ANYTIME. Just because I feel glad realizing that there’s just so much to be thankful in this life!
Random stuff that made me happy today: the Lebanese shish taouk for lunch. I missed this!